Prayers of Honoring Voice
From Author, Pixie Lighthorse:
Prayers of Honoring Voice is the second book of prayers by Earth Medicine Educator, Pixie Lighthorse.
Aimed at strengthening the confident voice of the individual while emphasizing relational communications, the prayers address the Source of Life as the reader understands it.
With respect to your experiences as teachers, each prayer concentrates on an aspect of healing the voice: Honoring Clarity, Humility, Advocacy, Sorrow, Fear, Rage, Practice and Restoration among them.
Twenty-eight prayers, divided into four sections, coordinate with the Four Directions allowing the reader to make the connection between beginning, active, reflective and secure stages of growth. Journal prompts and lined pages between each section makes note-taking and stream-of-consciousness simple, so that the book acts as a guide through the transformational process of healing the voice and religious, cultural, and generational trauma.
The book includes:
- Foreword written by Elena Brower
- Suggestions for how to use the book as a personal companion for healing voice as well as ways to bring it into your classes and curriculums.
- An introduction to each of the Four Directions and properties
- 28 prayers, 7 for each of the Four Directions
- blank pages on the left side of each prayer for note-taking, collaging, and making the book your own.
- one page of journal questions for each section
- lined pages at the end of each section for recording your thoughts, prayers, and notes about your own spiritual awakenings